- February is Brigade Month. Be sure to coordinate and conduct Brigade Month events with your unit and church.
- Invite your Regional Director to visit your group(s).
- Review with your key leaders the successes and problems so far and the plans for the rest of the CSB season.
- Share praises and prayer needs with your pastor(s) and church leadership teams.
- Order materials for the rest of the season.
- In March, encourage the men and boys to spend time at a Brigade camp near you.
- Plan on a Father and Son campout for your own church or with the CSB Area.
- Meet informally with your other leaders and discuss their evaluation of the ministry.
- Draw your leaders together for a group discussion of the effectiveness of the leaders. What are their strengths and weaknesses? What training is needed? Which men need special counsel?
- Have the Brigade Chairman, a pastor or a member of the church leadership team visit at least one weekly meeting.
- Start looking for special events or activities to end your season with: banquet; hike; campout; sports event; etc.
- Use April to focus on securing your Brigade leadership team for next season.
Saturday, 6 February 2016
BRIGADE PLANNING CALENDAR
Here are some planning suggestions for February, March and April from the Brigade Chairman’s Handbook (cat # 334138):